April 21, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

These are some of the blogs that I've recently discovered and spend too much time reading:

The Chain-Reader

If you thought I read a lot, you've got to see this woman's list. She's a reading machine, and I'm pumped to read more about what she's read (yes, I'm a nerd who likes to read book reviews). She claims to be simple and uneducated, but it's all a big facade (guess the movie that quote is from - Jesse knows). Her reviews are smart and informative and exciting. Better than most of the professional ones I have to read for work. We're both in the A ~ Z Reading Challenge and she's way ahead of me, but that's okay, because I have a feeling she's super cool.

Stuff White People Like

These guys are funny and creative. Their blog entries are little anthropological studies of "white people", describing and interpreting aspects of the culture. It makes me laugh each time I read an entry and say "oh, man, that's totally me." This blog is going viral really fast, and they have a book deal to put more of their interpretations in print.

The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks

Hi-LAR-ious. This site is constantly being updated and there are some great ones out there. I thought I would add my own (courtesy of Joanna).

No comments: