January 21, 2009

Poirot Book Challenge

Last year I did my first book challenge. I joined the A~Z Reading Challenge and tried to read 52 books , 26 A~Z authors and 26 A~Z titles. It was fun, but I got tired of not being able to read the books that I was in the mood for because they didn't fit. So I didn't finish it. Yeah, that's right...I'm a quitter. I'll most likely get around to reading the rest of the books on the list at some point and when I do I'll update the list, but I'm moving on.
I am going to start a new challenge. I want to read all the Hercule Poirot books by Agatha Christie. My list has 42 stories, which is not quite 52, but still a lot, so I'm not going to give myself a time limit. When I'm done, I'm done.
I love Agatha Christie's mysteries. I've read quite a few and the only ones I guessed correctly were the ones I'd seen the movie version of first. (I guess that doesn't really count). So here we go.

The Mysterious Affair at Styles
The Murder of the Links
Poirot Investigates (short stories)
The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
The Big Four
The Mystery of the Blue Train
Peril at End House
Thirteen for Dinner
Murder on the Orient Express
Three Act Tragedy
Death in the Air
The A.B.C. Murders
Murder in Mesopotamia
Cards on the Table
Poirot Loses a Client
Death on the Nile
Dead Man's Mirror
Appointment with Death
Murder for Christmas
Regatta Mystery
Sad Cypress
Patriotic Murders
Evil Under the Sun
Murder in Retrospect
Murder After Hours
The Labors of Hercules
There is a Tide
Witness for the Prosecution and Other Stories
Mousetrap and Other Stories
Under Dog and Other Stories
Mrs. McGinty's Dead
Funerals are Fatal
Hickory, Dickory, Death
Dead Man's Folly
Cat Among the Pigeons
Adventure of the Christmas Pudding
Double Sin and Other Stories
The Clocks
Third Girl
Hallowe'en Party
Elephants Can Remember
Curtain

No comments: