July 29, 2009

Two Stories

I recently got a haircut...a drastic haircut. I cut almost 11 inches off to give to Locks of Love. It was time for a change so I went for it. The responses have been overwhelmingly positive. So many compliments and oohs and aahs. I'm thinking I should have done this a while ago, it's been great for my ego.
Yesterday someone was heard to say that I looked "adorable". Now, it may be because I don't really use that word, but it really threw me. It was the second time someone used that word to describe my new haircut and each time I was like "really?". To me adorable is a word for small things or baby things or precocious things, not 6' tall awkward people with new haircuts. I guess there are worse things people could have said, but I'm hoping that's the last "adorable" I hear.

On a lighter, less neurotic, note:
I was driving home from work yesterday when someone pulled out in front of me. They weren't super close, but I did have to hit the brakes and it freaked me out a bit. I'm not 100% over the car accident from a month back so I still get a bit nervous when people are too close to me on the road. I was scared and I got pissed so I laid on the horn. Unfortunately, the horn in my new car is ridiculous. It sounds like I'm killing a pack of out-of-tune geese in my engine. I had forgotten about that fact. So after I angrily honked at the stupid driver I immediately started laughing. Even though it's a completely useless car horn in an emergency, at least it's a great cure for my road rage moments.

p.s. I'll post pics of my new haircut once I get some good ones.

No comments: