September 11, 2009

Tis the Season...

...for new shows. One of the best things about fall is the new TV season. Unfortunately, I tend to fall hard for shows that are quickly canceled, but it never stops me. In the last few years TV schedules have gone all over the map. It used to be everything premiered in September, ran for the school year and re-ran during the summer. Now there are shows premiering in mid-winter or whole seasons running during the summer.

For example, Leverage has had two seasons in less than a year and 10 Things I Hate About You had their first season in a couple months this summer. It breaks up the routine, but can be confusing and easy to miss stuff.

As for the new fall season, I've only seen two new shows so far, but I liked them both. Glee is a great mix between High School Musical, 90210 and Napoleon Dynamite. I'm excited to see what they do with it.

I also watched The Vampire Diaries last night. It has potential. It's based on a series of books that have been on my "To Read" list for a while now so that upgrades it in my head. The thing that stood out for me the most, though, was the music. It was FIERCE. So many good, mood-setting songs, and I had actually heard of some of them before. Because the internet is an information overload I found a list on someone's blog:

Sort of by Silversun Pickups
Here We Go by Matt Kearney
Consoler of the Lonely by The Raconteurs
Say (All I Need) by OneRepublic
Take Me to the Riot by Stars
Thinking of You by Katy Perry
Kids by MGMT
Running Up That Hill by Placebo (my current favorite moody song)
Death by White Lies
Back to Me by The All-American Rejects
Siren Song by Bat for Lashes
Never Say Never by The Fray

I may just watch the show for the music.
I hope the rest of the shows I try out this fall do as well. Fingers crossed none of them get canceled early and break up with me.

No comments: